Watch and share our videos
Supportive Parents is a charity providing information, advice and support to parents, children and young people about any type of special educational need or disability from 0-25 years who live in Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire.
We are an independent organisation offering a free, confidential and impartial service to any parent, child or young person who has a concern about special educational needs. We provide you with all the information you need to understand the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) process and improve your, or your child’s, educational experience.
We aim to encourage parents and children, young people and professionals to work more closely together in the best interests of children and young people, to voice the views of parents, children and young people and raise awareness of SEND.
How can you contact us?
Call or email our Information & Support Line
It is available Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am – 2pm during term time, and an answer phone at all other times.
If you have any concerns or worries about SEND provision contact us!
How do we help?
- We listen to your concerns
- We help you find appropriate information
- We provide information on how special educational needs and disabilites (SEND) are identified and assessed by schools and the local authority
- We explain how your child’s progress should be monitored and reviewed
- We help you decide what questions to ask at meetings
- We help with paper work and help you prepare for meetings.
- Hold local support groups for parents and professionals
- Give feedback to education providers to improve services by working closely with parent participation forums in each Local Authority
- Provide courses for parents to enhance their understanding of the SEND process