Are you under 25 and looking for a new opportunity? Supportive Parents are recruiting young volunteers with Special Educational Needs and / or Disabilities (SE.N.D.) to be part of our participation group!
What does it involve?
Around once a term, we will get together virtually (for now) or in person (when regulations change and it feels safe to do so) to talk about how our service could be better for young people.
This could include:
- Having a look at the latest newsletter and discussing what you like about it or different things you’d like to see in it.
- We might talk about new content that we could make together for social media.
- Thinking about how our educational resources for young people could be more exciting and engaging.
- You will also be the first people we come to for input and feedback once we’ve come up with a new offering for young people.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to have your voice heard and to shape the services that are here to serve you and all young people with S.E.N.D.
- The opportunity to make new friends in a safe, S.E.N.D. friendly and fun environment.
- The chance to get creative and come up with new ideas.
- It will look great on your CV! – Employers like to see examples of young people taking the initiative, working in teams and having a voice – being a Supportive Parents CYP
- Participant is a great example of you working as part of a team, using the power of your voice and sharing your creative ideas!
How do I apply?
If you’d like to apply to be a participant, or you’d simply like to know more, please email our Volunteer Lead Jane – email@example.com